2023 American Cocktail Book
Twenty-three of Australia’s finest bartenders and mixologists have partnered with ‘Cheers! Spirits from the USA’ to create this free cocktail book that includes their favourite cocktails that spotlight American spirits.
The bartenders involved represent some of the best in the business, including Matthew Dale from Re Bar in Sydney, Corby Small from The Gresham Bar in Brisbane, Sebastian Terreux from Bank Street Social in Adelaide, Ana Marie from The 18th Amendment Bar in Melbourne and Stu Inger from Volstead Repeal in Canberra.
The cocktail recipes vary in taste and the level of complexity, but they all highlight the quality and versatility of American spirit brands including Angel’s Envy, Jack Daniels, Maker’s Mark, Old Forester, Sagamore Spirit, Wild Turkey, Westland, Westward American Single Malt Whiskey and Woodford Reserve. Whether you prefer a Manhattan or Whiskey Sour, an Old Fashioned or a Sazerac, there’s a recipe in this book for all adult spirits enthusiasts.
Hard copies of the book will be available to view at the participating venues, or you can download an e-version here.
You can compare your favourite at home attempt from the cocktail book with the expertly crafted version by visiting the below bartenders at their venue:
- Matthew Dale from Re Bar (NSW)
- Lachlan Hill from Stitch Bar (NSW)
- Daniela Barboglio from The Burdekin Hotel (NSW)
- Evan Brown from The Grounds of Alexandria (NSW)
- Felicity Eshman from Shady Pines (NSW)
- Aman Karmacharya from Palazzo Salato by Love Tilly Devine (NSW)
- Judith Zhu from Doorknock (NSW)
- Jaime Evans from The Peakhurt (NSW)
- Ben Copas from The Potting Shed (NSW)
- Naomi Dorrell from The Burdekin Hotel (NSW)
- Damian Blair from North Annandale Hotel (NSW)
- Raphael Redant from Hickson House Distilling Co. (NSW)
- Tom Joseph from The Duke of Clarence (NSW)
- London Purvis from The Doss House (NSW)
- Jay Cozma from The Baxter Inn (NSW)
- Alexander Thorn from Frank Macs (NSW)
- Rory Hutchinson from Beneath Drivers Lane (VIC)
- Yao Wong from The Elysian Whisky Bar (VIC)
- Ana Marie from The 18th Amendment Bar (VIC)
- Andy Chu from One or Two (VIC)
- Stu Inger from Volstead Repeal (ACT)
- Corby Small from The Gresham (QLD)
- Sebastian Terreux from Bank Street Social (SA)
Charles McEntee from the Distilled Spirits Council of the U.S. (DISCUS), which sponsors the ‘Cheers! Spirits from the USA’ campaign in Australia says, “We’ve been extremely impressed at the calibre of cocktails these Australia bartenders who are at the top of their game have created. Not only do the recipes reflect their extreme level of expertise, but they can also be recreated at home. We hope that adults across Australia really enjoy this 2023 American Cocktail Book.”
For those adults who choose to drink, they should do so in moderation and responsibly at all times. For more information: www.drinkinmoderation.org